Adventure is just the beginning!
Adventure therapy, otherwise known as experiential therapy, has been shown to greatly benefit adolescents in recovery by breaking down some of the barriers and stigmas associated with typical treatment and by getting youth actively involved in unique ways.
Our 177-acre campus provides the ideal setting for adventure-therapy that allows youth to address past, present and future issues in non-traditional ways.
- High and low ropes course initiatives
- Climbing wall
- Full size gymnasium
- Weight and aerobic workout room
- Music assisted therapy groups
- Art therapy groups
- Full size disc golf course
- walking/running trail equipped with workout stations
- Fishing the campus pond
ARCH Academy also offers a variety of off campus activities. In addition to attending 12-Step meetings throughout Nashville, it is important that we involve our teens in the community. This allows them the opportunity to put their newly acquired coping skills into action while experiencing recreational activities and giving back to the community. Some examples of off campus activities include:
- Weekend recreation: laser tag, hiking, movies, golf, canoeing, ice skating, NHL Predators hockey games, Titans football games and more!
- Community service work: feeding homeless, planting gardens, park maintenance, working with students and other non-profit work
“It was so encouraging to know that we are not alone. Even though each of our stories is different in terms of how we got to this place, we are all on this same journey of recovery.”